Dryer vents are one of the least suspected culprits of fires……residential or commercial! Although easily overlooked, they have the capability to cause paramount damage to your home or property, if they are not maintained properly. According to the United States National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), in 2010 there were an estimated 16,800 reported dryer-related residential fires which ultimately resulted in 51 civilian deaths, 380 civilian injuries and $236 million in direct property damage!
Dryer-related fires are more likely to occur when there is a build-up of lint and debris inside the dryer hose and vent. This build-up has the tendency to obstruct the flow of hot air and gasses that would normally be exhausted to the outside of your home or property. Continued use of a dryer with a clogged vent can ultimately result in a residential or commercial fire.
A quick and painless way to prevent a potential dryer-related fire?
- Arrange to have your dryer vents professionally cleaned and inspected at least once a year.
Advantages of Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Prevents build-up of lint and debris.
- Reduces the risk of dryer-related home or property fires.
- Improves the efficiency of your dryer, thereby saving you money!
When to schedule your next Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
- If clothes take longer to dry.
- Specifically if multiple drying cycles required to dry one load of clothes!
- If it gets atmospherically hotter than usual in the laundry room.
- Note that the heat should typically be exhausted through the vent to the outside of your home or property, not retained on the inside.
- If there is evidence of a burnt smell/odor in your laundry room.
- Specifically when your dryer is in use!
- You use your dryer often.
- You haven’t had your dryer vent cleaned in over a year!
At Triangle Legacy, we provide professional dryer vent cleaning services to both residential and commercial clients alike. As an added bonus, we also provide professional air duct cleaning, carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning services. With integrity, reliability, professionalism, expertise & passion as our trademark, our primary goal is to ensure that you are 100% satisfied!
For a free consultation & estimate relative to all your dryer vent cleaning needs, please contact us at (301) 523-9419 or Toll Free at 1-800-830-3324.
We currently serve the Washington D.C Metropolitan Area including Alexandria, Springfield, Arlington and Fairfax County in Virginia
Image 1: http://www.freefamilyfunds.com/ventlint.jpg