Don’t judge a book by it’s cover!
Just because your carpet may look clean, doesn’t mean that it is!
The word ‘Dirt’ is rather vague……and it’s true nature, multifaceted!
While some forms are easily apparent to the naked eye, that doesn’t hold true for so many other forms. Regardless of form however, the ultimate effect is the same……Dirt is detrimental, period!
When we and the ones we love are exposed to any form of dirt for an extended period of time, our immune systems become compromised, and we ultimately become susceptible to a myriad of illnesses ranging from allergies to cancer!
During the hustle and bustle of everyday life, our hair, skin, clothes and shoes tend to act as a magnet for all types of dirt: mud, pollen, bacteria, fungi, cigarette smoke and car exhaust to mention a few.
At the end of a long day, we inadvertently bring all the grime home with us. With a little help from factors like wind and gravity, these various forms of dirt very easily become trapped in the carpet fibers of our homes and start working to make us sick!
Keeping It Real
In life, there are some things that you should never put a price on!
Can you really compare the cost of having your carpet cleaned regularly to a fairly long life with a clean bill of health? Apples and Oranges!
When you arrange to have your carpets cleaned regularly, what you are really doing is proactively thinking on a level much deeper than superficial muddy footprints and family pet ‘oopsies’!
Arranging to have your carpets cleaned regularly, especially if your loved ones include children and pets, could very well be the difference between several years of fairly good health, and a living a lifetime with asthma or even cancer!
Regardless of any fancy names, anyone you hire to clean your carpets must utilize a cleaning technique that employs at bare minimum, the following 5 principles all in one cleaning!
- Superficial Cleaning: A thorough vacuuming of the entire carpet area to remove as much dry, loose and potentially toxic dirt particles as is feasibly possible.
- Pretreatment: To intricately loosen and dislodge dirt and potential toxins from carpet fibers.
- Extraction: Typically performed via steam cleaning to remove any remaining traces of deep-seated dirt and potential toxins.
- Grooming: To prevent matting and also to distribute cleaning agents over the entire area of interest.
- Drying: This should typically take no longer that 24 hours under the appropriate conditions as advised by your carpet cleaning professional.
Word of Caution
Although the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Option may sound appealing, it may not necessarily be your best option. There are several intricacies involved in having your carpets properly cleaned, such that if done incorrectly may end up costing you a whole lot more both financially and medically!
Three common no-no’s to carpet cleaning are:
- Being overly generous with the Shampoo: Using too much shampoo and not rinsing it out adequately, will most likely lead to a build up of soapy residue and the subsequent conversion of your precious carpet into a dirt magnet!
- Being overly generous with Water: Using too much water can potentially lead to discoloration and the possible shrinking of your carpet!
- Not to mention the potential for the introduction of mold which would present an entirely different problem!
- Improper protection of a wet carpet from furniture and vice versa: When wood furniture comes into contact with a wet carpet, there is a potential for dyes (from the wood) to be released into your freshly cleaned carpet and subsequently stain it……permanently!
- Even if your furniture has metal feet, you still stand the risk of introducing rust……which also causes staining!
You get what you pay for they say…..and they are right!
For a free estimate please contact us or Call us at 202-888-2960/301-523-9419!
We currently service the Washington D.C Metropolitan Area.